Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns depositing and/or sharing specific web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting company. There are various classes of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's review them. Thus, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to create a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain vendors, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incorrect interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would apportion the load between individual sets of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various webspace hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a great quantity of images with pals or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail box accounts. Some firms offer web hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you want to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to operate as many video files as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At In Line WebHosting Ltd, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for specific web content solely.